Acupuncture Therapy is a powerful and natural therapy that alleviates symptoms in virtually every system of the body and promotes balanced health on the physical, mental and energetic levels. Dr. Camille Nghiem-Phu, ND uses Traditional Chinese needling techniques to provide symptomatic relief and healing in the management of:
- Women’s Health Conditions: menstrual pain, PMS, endometriosis, menopausal symptoms, turning a breech or transverse baby (malpositioned fetus), promoting labour for term or post-dates pregnancy, stalled or slowed labour.
- Mental Health Concerns: anxiety, worry, insomnia, grief, depression, attention deficit disorders (ADD, ADHD).
- Digestive problems: constipation, IBS, acid reflux/heartburn/ GERD, diarrhea, nausea.
- “Male and Female Infertility” (internal link to “Fertility and Conception” webpage)
- Pain, swelling, numbness, neuralgia
- Recovery from injury or surgery
- “Colds, flus” (internal link to “Keeping Healthy During the Cold and Flu Season” webpage), sore throats, coughs, fevers
- Wrinkles, fine lines, signs of aging: “Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture” (internal link to “Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture” webpage)
- Smoking cessation, addiction
The World Health Organization (WHO) endorses the use of Acupuncture Therapy to treat many conditions.
What to Expect in Your Visit for Markham Acupuncture?
Dr. Camille Nghiem-Phu, ND will ask questions, perform a physical exam including Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis, and will select the Acupuncture points that most specifically address your concerns or “symptom picture”. Traditional tongue and pulse diagnoses are used to identify imbalances in the body that can be addressed through treatment. Treatments are most often very relaxing and involve minimal, if any pain, and they are performed according to internationally-recognized Clean Needle Technique standards with sterile, single-use needles that are extremely fine.
How Often Do I Need Treatments for Acupuncture in Markham?
For chronic concerns, Naturopathic Acupuncture is typically performed in a series of 6-8 weekly to biweekly treatments. For acute issues such as a cough, cold or flu, or to encourage spontaneous labour in a post-dates pregnancy, treatments can be provided 2-3 times per week until the condition is resolved. The benefits of Acupuncture are often experienced with the first treatment, and continue to develop cumulatively through the course of care. Dr. Nghiem-Phu
may also recommend that you take certain herbal medicines or medicinal foods that will enhance the benefits of your needling treatments.
Naturopathic Doctors receive hundreds of hours of academic and practical training in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) assessment, diagnosis and needling techniques. Dr. Camille Nghiem-Phu, is a Naturopathic Doctor, licensed and regulated to practice Naturopathic Acupuncture in Ontario. Book an appointment with Dr. Camille now!
copyright 2022 © Path to Wellness All Rights Reserved